As I watch the ups and downs all around us politically- in the nation and the world; the weather patterns and the massive amounts of personal stress, anxiety and depression I witness in people around me, I am reminded of why I, and many others like me are here on earth. To hold the light. To be the love. To experience the spiritual reality in the midst of turmoil.
The following true story is pulled from the writings of Gregg Braden, which I’ve used and talked about many times, and it still inspires me. I hope you’ll take a minute to read it and remember that there is a choice. We have wandered back and forth in our choices to live with love and now is the turning point of choice. We must choose, what is real, what is true for you, and what you want to stand for.
Long ago, the Hopi Indian Tribe, a Southwestern American tribe, who’s name means, ‘People of Peace’ were given the diagram of a life plan that would guide them through this time in history. Their plan consists of two parallel paths, parallel possibilities, representing the life choices of humankind. In the beginning, both paths appear very similar. The upper path, however, gradually turns into a broken zigzag that ends no where.
Those who choose this path are represented with their heads detached, hovering over their bodies. They will experience the great shift as a time of confusion and chaos leading to destruction.
The lower path continues as a level line, strong and even. Those choosing this path live to advanced ages and their crops grow strong and healthy.
Approximately two-thirds of the way along the paths is a vertical line connecting the two. Until this intersection point is reached, the Hopi say, we may move freely back and forth, exploring the two paths. Following this point in time, however, the choices are made and there is no return. In the words of quantum physics, this portion of the prophecy describes a choice point, an opportunity for humanity to experience the paths of both worlds and choose which is true for them. In the words of the prophecy, “If we hold fast to the sacred way as the Creator devised it for us, what we have gained, we will never lose. But still, we have to choose between the two ways. Mother Nature tells us which is the right way. When earthquakes, floods, hailstorms drought and famine will be the life of every day, the time will have then come for the return to the true path.”
According to the Hopi, the time of purification is upon us. The severity of our cleansing is being determined, as our individual responses to life challenges create the collective outcome. The chaos of change is our opportunity to refine our beliefs honoring the portions that work and gracefully releasing those that may no longer serve us. It is our new, finely honed worldview of the present that will carry us gracefully through the times of future challenge. Their vision of our future concludes by admonishing us to be responsible in the way we use the powers of our bodies and our machines. Once again we are reminded that the choices made each day will determine the duration and severity of our days of tribulation. Which path will humankind walk? The greed, the comfort and the profit, or the path of love, strength and balance. With simplicity and eloquence, Hopi prophecy reminds us that the way we live our lives determines which path we follow. The choice is ours.
- Sit quietly and relax your body until you feel calm inside.
- Think of the outcome you want – be specific and definite.
- Create a clear idea or picture. See out of your own eyes.
- Give it lots of positive energy and emotion. Add the senses. FEEL IT. LOVE IT.
- Affirmations that acknowledge it is done. “This or something better now manifests for me.”
- Let go and release all attachment to how or if anything happens.
Feel the feelings of gratitude for the aspects of it that are already there!
Not making something happen, you are attracting through allowance. You are peaceful.
- Know that everything is happening “For you” not “To you.” Let go of the victim mindset and know that even in this situation something good is happening.
- “Accept” what is happening in the moment, even though you’d like it to be different. Acceptance… not “fighting against” the illness brings peace, peace helps the body work better. Acceptance doesn’t mean you are not working for change.
- Take time every day for a meditation practice.
- Learn to relax the body through breathing. The body heals when the body is relaxed. Everything works better in a relaxed body.
- Learn to relax and quiet the mind. This takes practice and a process.
- Make time for things and people you love. Re-order your values and where your time is spent.
- Forgive everyone and everything in your past.
- Visualize a healed body and what you will be doing when you feel better.
- Monitor your self-talk. Think positive thoughts of healing and what you’ll be doing when you’re well. Create thoughts of self-love and self-admiration.
- When fear and anxiety hits you, sit it out, breathe through it, and remember it’s not what is happening now- “In this moment everything is OK.” As the fear subsides, start to put your attention on the good that is happening and affirm your health.
- Surround yourself in a positive, supporting healing environment.
- This is a call for self love. Love yourself whole.
In an article I read recently, top human resources officers from global companies were asked what they see as the top ten job skills required by the year 2020 for workers to thrive.
One of those critical skills for success that made the top 10 list?
Wait for it … Emotional Intelligence.
According to Emotional Intelligence experts, E.I. has become an important predictor of job success, surpassing technical ability and intelligence in general.
What is emotional intelligence?
It’s about being smarter with feelings. Its about being more self-aware, more intentional, more purposeful, more empathetic.
In a nutshell, your emotional intelligence is your ability to be more responsive than reactive; more skilled in your inner world and in your ability to be with others. The higher your emotional intelligence, the more options and choices you really have in life.
One who has a high emotional intelligence has self awareness, can self regulate and manage their emotions, they take personal responsibility for what is triggering their emotions, they have the ability to boost their own inner motivation, have innate empathy and compassion for others and can sense what they are feeling. They have the ability to “put themselves in the shoes of another.” They have the social skills of being able to develop trust and rapport with others and develop self confidence.
YOU CAN IMPROVE YOUR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE.
Your relationships, work partners and family will appreciate it- and
You will be happier.
Emotional intelligence is what happens as a result of personal and spiritual growth. True growth is the developing of the inner world. Meditation, mindfulness, emotional awareness and spiritual awareness are all the things that we teach, not only at the Oneness Center but to groups and individuals.
CHANGING YOUR MIND TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
These life skills, such as understanding the mind, how it works, how to use it, and developing the skills to quiet the mind and create space before reacting to triggered events, are the real skills that can make the biggest difference in your quality of life, healthy body, and handling stress.
By learning to live from your higher mind rather than the conditioned responses, you will grow in your own self awareness, creativity, intuition, peacefulness; and you can increase your money, work satisfaction, personal and family happiness.
Science is proving that the benefits of meditation are unmistakable.
And now, even top companies recognize the benefits. People from all walks of life are seeing the power of meditation, whether its in sports excellence, business success, creative enhancement, physical health, improved memory and sharpness of mind.
So the proof is here. Jump in!